For your room, remember we sleep both nights
in the same bed and your car is in the parking lot:
- Sleeping bag & small pillow – or rent duvet
and pillow for R50
- Anorak / Wind-breaker or warm top for evening around
- Tracksuit or long pants for the evening
- Shorts – dry pair
- Woolen hat beanie (winter nights)
- Camera / binoculars – both are not essential
- Headlamp (torch) – not too necessary
- Personal medication & insect repellent
- Beverages & snacks – see below!
- Zip lock bags for personal items
- Fishing rod – (barbell (catfish), black bass and
carp) – or rent at camp
- Board games & cards
- Frisbee, bats and balls, cricket bat
- Plastic mayonnaise/peanut butter jar that you can use as a waterproof container. (Optional)
For you to row with:
- Shorts (preferable knee pants to protect the knees from
the sun and double up as swimwear)
- Swimming costume
- Windcheater (to row with if you think it might get cold)
- Cap or wide brimmed hat is better
- Long-sleeved shirt with collar (to keep the sun off)
- Wet shoes (strops or floppies or sandals are the best)
- Sarong (very useful for keeping the sun off)
- Sunscreen / lip-ice
- Sunglasses (must have a strap)
Please note that this packing list is put together for the
most extreme person. The stuff you know you won’t use
you can leave.
BEVERAGES and SNACKS:
Bottled water 2 litres per day / soft drinks
/ alcoholic beverages (in cans, we don’t allow any glass
on the river (please decant into plastic containers) TIP:
Powered mixes are quite popular e.g. Packets of Game, Clifton
etc and juices for children. Snacks for the river like dried
fruit, biltong, dry sausage, peanuts, bars of chocolate, super
C and jelly babies. We do provide light snacks before supper
and after lunch.
HOW DOES IT ALL WORK?
|Chalets: We have 3 en-suite chalets that can sleep 4 people and 1 that can sleep 5 people.
Dormitories: We have 4 dormitories that can sleep 33 people maximum per room. They are not en-suite, the ablution blocks is just across the dormitories. So please make sure when you make your reservation as to how you want to sleep. See the booking form for cost and more details about this.
Please note that ice is a commodity on the river. The colder
your drinks are with arrival, the longer your drinks will
stay cold. Clients, that have done the river a couple of
times, freeze their water & drinks (please note some
drinks do explode when you freeze them!) before they arrive
at camp. Then place their frozen drinks into the cooler
box. We do sell ice at camp!
Please do not hesitate to contact
us should you have any more questions or requests.