From Cape Town
- 680 km – Take Malmesbury turnoff to the N7 –
Citrusdal – Clanwilliam – Vanrhynsdorp –
Garies – Springbok – Steinkop – Vioolsdrif
– Noordoewer. Cross the DF Malan bridge over the Orange
River into Namibia (where you will pass through customs)
to get to our camp. See Below*
From Johannesburg - option A
- 1350 km (Driving time 13 hours + 1.5 hours at border
during holiday periods + stopping time 1.5 hours = 16 hours),
Johannesburg – Bloemfontein – Kimberley - Upington
– N10 (B3) via Ariamsvlei (Nakop Border)– Karasburg
then gravel road M22 - Noordoewer. (We recommend the Nakop
post during holiday rushes. Warning: Be careful of game
on the roads during the night) See Below*
From Johannesburg - option B
- 1275 km (Driving time 13 hours + 45min at road works +
30 min at border + 45 min refreshment stop = 15 hours) –
N14 Kuruman – Upington (slow section because of trucks)
– N10 Ariamsvlei – Karasburg – M22 Noordoewer.
(There are a lot of road works in progress on this route) See Below*
Option A is a safer and less stressful route (especially when driving at night).
- 1000 km – Kimberley, Groblershoop – Upington
– N10 Ariamsvlei – Karasburg – M22 Noordoewer. See Below*
Please note: There are two fuel
stations at Noordoewer. There is a Shell garage just after the border. The Engen
garage has been re-opened with a new Wimpy stop. At Noordoewer,
take the turnoff to Roshpinah. Travel for about 12 km’s
on the road, which runs parallel to the N7 for the first 1km.
At this point you will see the "BUNDI & RIVER RAFTERS"
sign on your left. Turn left here, down a road leading to
our campsite – we'll have a nice fire waiting for you
(Directions and information by Klaus W. Johannsen)